Tips for Choosing a Tucson Home Inspector
Tucson Home Inspectors and Home Inspection companies vary greatly in the inspection and the report they will provide you. I’ve complied the following list to help home buyers identify some important factors they should consider when interviewing home inspectors in Tucson.
1. Is the inspector and the inspection company properly certified by the Arizona State Board of Technical Registration (AZ BTR). You can check their status by going to these links to the AZ BTR to search for Tucson Home Inspectors and Tucson Home Inspection Companies. There are some inspectors and inspection companies operating on revoked, delinquent, or inactive certifications. Other certifications like InterNACHI and ASHI are nice additional qualifications, but certification by the AZ BTR is a legal requirement.
2. Does the inspector go on the roof? While it is not required for a home inspector to go on the roof, a thorough inspector will always try if safe. There are some cases where it’s not possible or safe for an inspector to go on the roof. In that case, does the inspector use technology to inspect the roof (e.g. wi-fi pole camera, drone, etc.)?
3. How long does the inspector spend on site? One hour? Two hours? Three hours? Four hours? The time spent on-site is a good indication of how thorough the inspection and report are likely to be.
4. What’s in the report? Is it just a check list? Are there written descriptions? Will there be a lot of pictures? Will the pictures highlight the area in question and call out the location? The inspection report should be easy for a non-technical person to read and understand. Before hiring an inspector, ask to see a sample report.
5. Will the inspector do a walk-through with you after the inspection? Being able to go around the house with the inspector to discuss features and issues, and ask questions is extremely important.
Call Tanque Verde Home Inspections at 520-462-8844 to schedule your home inspection in Tucson, Marana, Oro Valley, Vail, and other surrounding areas.